C64 Forever 9 Plus Edition
The Commodore 64 Emulation Package by Cloanto
When the C64 was launched in 1982 it immediately set the standard for 8-bit
home computers. Its low cost, superior graphics, high quality sound and a
massive 64 KB of RAM positioned it as the winner in the home computer wars,
knocking out competitors from the likes of Atari, Texas Instruments, Sinclair,
Apple and IBM.
Selling over 30 million units and introducing a whole generation to computers
and programming, the C64 shook up the video games industry and sparked cultural
phenomena such as computer music and the demoscene. In recent years the C64
has enjoyed a spectacular revival manifesting itself once again as a
To allow you to experience and relive the wonders of this unique computer,
Cloanto, developers of Commodore/Amiga software since the 1980s and creators
of the famous
series, has introduced C64 Forever, the official CBM 8-bit preservation,
emulation and support suite. C64 Forever embodies an intuitive player interface,
backed by a built-in database containing more than 5,000 C64 game entries.
Support for the innovative RP9 format allows for advanced title authoring,
preservation and easy cross-platform playback.
- Emulation of C64 hardware (allows you to run C64 software on your PC*)
- Additional emulation of related systems: PET 2001, CBM 4032, CBM 8032, VIC 20, CBM 610, C16, Plus/4 and C128, etc.
- More than 200 preinstalled games and demoscene productions
- One-click play support for thousands of downloadable C64 and other 8-bit games, demos and applications**
- RetroPlatform Library includes title and configuration data for more than 5,000 C64 games, with online updates**
- RP9 format allows for advanced title authoring, preservation and easy cross-platform playback
- RP9 Toolbox to convert to and from other popular formats (D64, T64, etc.)
- Preconfigured and enhanced VICE emulation engine with auto-updates**
- Special features and gallery of items of historical interest
- Much, much more...
System Requirements (Windows Software):
- Operating system: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and equivalent Windows Server editions
- CPU: 750 MHz (1 GHz recommended) with SSE2
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Hard disk: 200 MB free
- Video: high color or true color
- Sound: optional
- DirectX: 9.0 or higher
- Audiences: 7+ (depictions of violence)
* Emulation software for Windows is ready to run (from CD or after installation,
no additional downloads required). ROM and OS files can be used for emulation on
other platforms (macOS or GNU/Linux), but may be unsupported and may require download
and manual installation of additional free software. Due to hardware differences,
C64 floppy drives and other peripherals cannot be connected to non-C64 hardware,
even if running an emulation.
** Automatic updates require Internet connection. Additional download sites
are listed on the website.